another xantia heater matrix and heater blower request

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

another xantia heater matrix and heater blower request

Post by admiral51 »

Hi all
have finally got myself a xantia with a turbo after 12 months of running n/a ones oh what joys (and pains as im about to explain :lol: :lol: :lol: )

right details first its a 1998 R plate 1.9 TD 123000 miles just had recon head/valves/cambelt/waterpump/aux belt/tensioners and 12 months MOT but it has problems...dont they all :) :)

heater matrix is leaking and im not 100% happy with the radiator think its an air lock (well hope it is) but in for a penny as they say so its going to get done next weekend cant run the risk of it already having had radweld/k-seal etc put in and me adding more so i know its a bit of a bugger to do and i have read the other wonderful post on the subject but can anyone let me know what tools sizes etc i will need. i have a torx and hex set plus sockets spanners etc but im sure someone said something about box spanners for the one up under the scuttle and i dont have any of them :oops: :oops:

next is the heater blower/HRW both dead no signs of life but the many posts on the subject have made the job a lot easier i think from what ive read but again just need to know if i need any specific tools i have normal tools multimeter etc but any pointers greatfully accepted

Cheers

Colin
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Not finding the posts about the box spanner use and size. :?

On vintage 1998 the heater blower is operated by relay item 10 … probably won’t click because when the rear demister doesn’t work, it’s again the ignition switch at fault.
Will need transferring the switching to another contact, as per Simon’s recipe:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=21372

Nothing special needed in the way of tools.
Depending on how the rewiring gets done, maybe a soldering iron and solder.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i cant remeber what tools i used but i would have thought deep sockets will do insted of any box spaners
regards malcolm
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

just a quick update
have had a good look at the matrix 100% convinced its leaking so its going to get some sealant and see if that cures it for a while not had enough time to do it this weekend and it doesnt seem to be losing any water

Thanks to Richard W Citrojim and previous posters too many to mention the blower mod has been done today and all is well again

Blower works on all settings and i have life in the HRW and the mirrors :D :D :D

Colin