Xantia Air Temp Sesnor Removal - PLease Help !!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timbo101
My Cars:

Xantia Air Temp Sesnor Removal - PLease Help !!!

Post by timbo101 »

Hi All,
I recently posted on here regarding the fact that i have an annoying fast buzzing sound coming from behind my two air vents and was informed that it is the little air temp sensor that lives behind the alarm LED on the dash board.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to take it out without damaging the car. I thought I saw somewhere that the led grill should just pop straight out but i tried that and now i have broken the bottom clip on the grill so it doesnt sit properly.
Any help would be great please as its driving me insane.
Thanks....Tim
1997 Xantia 2.1 TD SX Estate
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

MK1 or MK2?

Actually, it will be MK1 if it's got the LED on it - MK2 LED is elswhere.

So, remove the radio and mounting plate (open and remove the ashtray - first challenge, it sort of works backwards! - remove the two screws holding the radio surround in, and remove the surround, remove the two screws and pull the radio out, remove the 4 screws and take the surround out - hope you've got a radio code!). Now you might be able to reach in and work the fan assembly out - it has clips top and bottom - some don't seem too tight others a git - so you need to rock it up and down to free the clips off. You will need to unclip the wiring connector from the side of the radio recess to actually get the thing free, and this is easier than it sounds. If you can't free it via the radio hole then you need to pop the clock out to give you more access to apply some screwdriver based leverage....

On MK2, you start by removing the steering wheel.....
Richard W