service.citroen searches

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

service.citroen searches

Post by MikeT »

Does anyone know how I can find the auxillary belt on service.citroen? I've explored most diagrams and searched common names but failed miserably.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Mike,

Look in the engine area and then to the alternator (Current Generation) and I think you'll find it there, along with the tensioners...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Thanks Jim, strange that a search for "belt" doesn't find it. But at £28+vat I don't think I'll be buying from Citroen! :evil:

Now I need to determine the make of A/C compressor.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

MikeT wrote:Now I need to determine the make of A/C compressor.
Look at the label wrapped around the body of the compressor Mike.

If it is more or less all yellow with a green area it'll be a Delphi/Harrisow. Otherwise it'll be a Sanden.

Another way of identifying it is a Sanden is by the pully/clutch face having three threaded holes in a triangluar shape to take a puller. The Delphi has an internal thread in the centre of the clutch to take a (different) sort of puller.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...