Mark 2 xantia - what year did these come out?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

juraj

Mark 2 xantia - what year did these come out?

Post by juraj »

Just a quick one,

when did Mark 2 xantias hit the market? is a 1996 or P reg a mark 2?

bye

all
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Mk2 Xantia was introduced in early 1998 on an R plate.

I would call a '96 P plate a facelift mk 1.
juraj

Post by juraj »

thanks

im just wondering whether the windscreens are different between mark 1 and 2 xantias, i know some M2 have rain sensing but i am just interested in size and shape of the glass
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Don't quote me on this but I have a feeling the MK1 and MK2 windscreens are different sizes due to the MK2 being a tad wider.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The screens have different part nos, but this seems to be to do with the fitment of the rain sensor and athermal coatings. The glass trim surrond has the same part no for MK1 and MK2 suggesting the screen is the same dimension. It is, however, very very unlikely that you can get a screen out without breaking it, and even if you did you'd have to scrape all the gunge off before refitting it - and since the screen is integral to the structural rigidity of the car, I'd want it fitted by someone who knows what they are doing, and has the right 'gunge' :lol:
Richard W
juraj

Post by juraj »

thanks all

again - for fast responses,

bye all

ps ive gotten quite a few screens out b4 without breaking them, cut them ou with wire, but i have broken a screen simply by carrying it - 2 people, one at each end, if you don't work in close unison and apply the slightest torsion to it it cracked, it was en early 80s ford so maybe they don't rely on the screen for structural rigidity of the car as a whole. In fact at the time i remember thinking 'gees i would have though the car body would apply greater torques to the glass just by being driven around!', so was left thinking the screen must not be a particularly strong structural member