Xantia central locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Xantia central locking

Post by Stekelly »

Hi folks. Just looking at an X reg Xantia. Car seems great apart from a central locking issue. The car unlocks using the button on the remote but it wont lock with the button. It works fine if you ise the key in the lock.

Anyone come across this before? Dont suppose it''s an easy fix?
Seller seems to think its a symptom of a low keyfob battery but it seems to simple an answer.

thanks for any help.

Ste
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

One of the two remotes I had for my Xantia developed that symptom. It was the pushbutton on the remote. The other one was fine.
Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Post by Stekelly »

Just following up on this. Bought the car today, turns out the lock button on both keys is broken off . I opened the keys and the button dropped out on one and is missing altogether on the other. I'm looking at a couple of keys on Ebay to use the pcb boards and put into my keyfobs and reprogram, Does anyone know how the keyfob comes apart? I have the back cover off but cant get the board to come out.

I tried givng it a little tug but it wont ome out, dotn want to force and break it. Even if I can just get the key blade out I can swap it into the new key, does the keyfob just pull apart? or does the pin that goes through iit push out or somesuch?

Unrelated issue but I drove the car from Birmingham to Holyhead and after about 20 mins of motorway driveing, probably touched the brakes once if at all, the ABS light came on and stayed on till I stopped for food. Then after another 20 mins of motorway drivign it came on again. When I got back to Dublin and was doign city drivign for about an hour there was no sign of the light. Any ideas?

Thanks.
lolingram
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by lolingram »

Why not just use the key most of the time? The fobs will eventually wear out (as you are discovering)
Just following up on this. Bought the car today, turns out the lock button on both keys is broken off . I opened the keys and the button dropped out on one and is missing altogether on the other. I'm looking at a couple of keys on Ebay to use the pcb boards and put into my keyfobs and reprogram, Does anyone know how the keyfob comes apart? I have the back cover off but cant get the board to come out.

I tried givng it a little tug but it wont ome out, dotn want to force and break it. Even if I can just get the key blade out I can swap it into the new key, does the keyfob just pull apart? or does the pin that goes through iit push out or somesuch?
R.I.P. January 2010.
XM 2.1 auto VSX 1996 - Bosch Inj, Xantia HDi 90 estate 1999, Xantia 1.9TD 1997
Previously...
GS 1970, Dyane 1974, Xantia 94 VSX TD, XM 94, 2.1 auto - Lucas Inj, XM 92 2.1 estate - Lucas Inj