Spheres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimbob21

Spheres

Post by jimbob21 »

I took some advice off here and bought 2 new sphere,s for the front,looking at the new one,s there slightly different to the old ones,the new ones have a slight step at the end of the threads,where as the old onedont,any help would be appricated.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That should not pose a problem at all. You'll find, when you remove the old spheres that the thread they screw into will have a slight recess at the top. I've noticed the same in the past and once the seal is in place it makes no difference.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
jimbob21

Post by jimbob21 »

thanks again,will be fitting them tomorrow,i cracked them off at dinner time at work to see how tight they are,and just nipped them back up,i,ve worked in garages for 25 years and never touched the suspension on a one,so its all new to me lol.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A good read to help understand how the hydraulics do their magic can be found here:

http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen/guide/guide.php
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...