Red Light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

redbird 2
My Cars:

Red Light

Post by redbird 2 »

Hi Guy's
Can you tell me what the small red light is for on the left hand side of the clock. Mine keeps coming on while I am driving.The alarm seems to be working when I leave the car???????
timbo
My Cars:

Post by timbo »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Guy's
Can you tell me what the small red light is for on the left hand side of the clock. Mine keeps coming on while I am driving.The alarm seems to be working when I leave the car???????
I think your talking about the alarm L.E.D, if it's coming on i bet you've got water in the passenger side footwells ?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

i take it you mean the clear led, but when it's lit it turns run.
i would tend to go with timbo's idea of water in the passenger footwells, as that where some of the alarm electronics are placed.
dom
D.Slatford
My Cars:

Post by D.Slatford »

I have the same problem, '95 xantia 2.0i. Red light on continually with ignition. It flashes normally when the alarms set or after it's triggered. However, the alarm itself doesn't sound when triggered, only the headlamps flash. It certainly sounds alright when you disconnect the battery though..!
Footwells are dry, although when the weather improves I will pull apart the connecter under the passanger footwell, and examine for corrosion or bad joints. Have replaced the alarm ECU - no change at all. Therefore I have a spare unit for sale if anyone wants.. :)
redbird 2
My Cars:

Post by redbird 2 »

Hi Guy's
I took out the carpets inthe front and back foot well's and found it all to be bone dry. If I disconect the batt. for 2 mins. then reconect every thing is back to normal but after a few weeks the light will flash while I am driving and the alarm stops working. Time to disconect the batt. again.
redbird 2
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

G'day
The horn can be taken out of the alarm function:
The button which you use to disable the volumetric sensing for the alarm: with the ignition on, hold this down for a few seconds. If the alarm is triggered, you gets flashing lights and hazards, but no sound; actually very lame.
This is reset everytime power is lost or the fuse for the alarm (F17) is removed. Hence sounding of horns when power is restored.
I don't use the alarm for three reasons:
* It only works when it feels like it (today I am lucky)
* It triggers itself for no reason ~ very irritating
* Citroen Xantia is not a thief magnet.
Simon.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

If it makes people feel a little better, i no longer have an alarm.
Battery went nearly flat the other day, and triggered the alarm (i had seen it coming, and expecting to have to jump start the next day i ripped the sounder out!). So the alarm is now tripped, and everytime i start the car it wont go. Thing is, its a retrofit infrared thing, that has never worked very well and the plip is now knackered (sat on it weeks ago and forgot it didnt work). So i cant start the car or jump start cos the alarm is triggered. Only one thing for it, rip the alarm out!! Just great, the thing is wired into the ignition isnt it!! So i spend a day hotwiring the car everywhere i went (strangley enough, even in the middle of liverpool no one batted an eyelid!). At the moment the ignition wires are all duct taped together!! Guess what im gonna have to do this weekend!
So be thankfull the alarm aint stopping you driving anywhere!!
Vanny
Merseyside, UK
Citroenbx19rd@bxproject.co.uk
http://www.bxproject.co.uk