ZX parcel shelf support cord

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alan White

ZX parcel shelf support cord

Post by Alan White »

Oh dear - another prob with the old ZX - when I close the hatchback the cord hangs outside the car on both sides. The cord seems to have somehow grown by about 3 feet. I've had a play but can't seem to rectify this. I've now noticed a couple of other ZX's with the same strange black spagetti hanging over down over the rear light clusters so I am not alone. Anyone know a quick fix for this one?
xxx
My Cars:

Post by xxx »

Mine was like that when I bought it - just put a knot in it to take up some of the slack.
Worked for me!
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Isn't there a kit to replace the cords and elastic (from Citroen) for about a tenner?
There is a repair kit for the same arrangement on the Xantia and it's worth every penny.
David
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

Every ZX I see has this :)
I suspect my Xantia had it at one stage as well - when I got it the rope had been removed :)
1994 Citroen Xantia SX 1.9 Turbo Diesel
148,500 miles
Guru Meditation

Post by Guru Meditation »

When i bought my zx it was the same. i bought a parcel strings set from citroen but the sod still hangs out slightly on one side so i need 2 take up some of the slack. bit of a daft system really-not very durable. at least they're easy to change i s'pose.
Guru Meditation