Where to Source Xantia parts?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattpc

Where to Source Xantia parts?

Post by mattpc »

Ebay aside where can I source 2nd hand spares for Xantias? I've just bought a Xantia Exclusive Estate with a damaged rear wing, couple of non working electric windows and knackered indicator stalk. Where should I source the parts? Thanks, I'm looking forward to my third Xantia having been a Honda Accord Aerodeck owner for the past 1.5 years.

Previously owned a Xantia TD SX which eventually popped the head gasket and an HDI SX which had an iffy clutch and heater matrix issues so sold to a taxi firm. Can't wait for a return to the magic carpet ride and fuel economy superior to the 25mpg I was getting from the accord. :D
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I can help with the windows and indicator stalk, I'm near M25 J 15/16.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
deian

Post by deian »

Scrap yard would b my first port of call??
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

would be best getting a new rear wing though as they are welded on, unless you are very skilled with bolster and spot weld drill,

were abouts are you
regards malcolm
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

i'm in Manchester. I've replaced the indicator stalk but not even thought about the windows. What you say about the rear wing makes sense but I'm guessing it could be quite pricy to buy new wing, spraying and fitting?
Xantia number three is..
HDI Exclusive Estate Cat C
RustyUK
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 Hdi Saloon
Toyota Aygo (C1/107!)
Dodge Caliber SXT 1.8 (for sale...)

Post by RustyUK »

mattpc wrote:i'm in Manchester. I've replaced the indicator stalk but not even thought about the windows. What you say about the rear wing makes sense but I'm guessing it could be quite pricy to buy new wing, spraying and fitting?
I have all door glass and motor assemblies if you're interested, I'm across the M62 in Wakefield.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

mattpc wrote:i'm in Manchester. I've replaced the indicator stalk but not even thought about the windows. What you say about the rear wing makes sense but I'm guessing it could be quite pricy to buy new wing, spraying and fitting?

well it might take lots of time and effort to chop one of a breaker, then drill all the spot welds and separte all the metal you dont require, then it will still have to be welded back together and painted
regards mlcolm