ABS light on-ZX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

roscopervis
My Cars:

ABS light on-ZX

Post by roscopervis »

On a mate's ZX Volcane 2.0, the ABS light will not go out. All the discs and pads have been changed, one of the rear discs had cracked after the caliper had been binding due to a snapped handbrake cable.
The light has come on suddenly, coincidentally, just before the discs and pads were changed and after the change the light is still on.
Is this problem a computer problem or is it more likely to be sensor related? If so what is the remedy?
Thanx
Andrew
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

On almost all ABS equipped vehicles the front wheel sensors are the most likely failure.
Also on the ZX if there are problems with the brake lights the ABS lamp can stay on.
David
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

Most likely a sensor failure. The sensors are basically a pick-up coil wound round a ceramic magnetic core.
The ceramic is brittle and being very close to the toothed wheel could have bee broken when the disc failed;
Could have some steel debris across the magnet gap;
Being would with very thin wire, they easily go open circuit. Should be about 1,500 ohms resistance. The problem is the connector is about 1 meter from the sensor and may be hard to locate and disconnect.