Guess the hose?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Guess the hose?

Post by MikeT »

A seller tells me they have an N reg xantia 1.9TD with a split hydraulic hose to which I queried and they replied "nor sure where the hose starts or ends but it runs along the front of the engine/behind the rad" Helpful eh? I also asked what symptoms it causes but that question appears to have been overlooked as was the one about the fuel pump make :?

The area between the radiator and the engine is probably one of the largest gaps in a Xantia bay :!: can anyone help me pin this down? :lol:

They also stated the battery has gone flat due to the alarm (n.b. the tax and mot expired early february). Does that seem normal?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That hose Mike, could be the main feed from the pump to the pressure regulator, one of the Power Steering ram lines or the feed from the LHM reservior to the pump. All of these are vaugely in that area. If it were a VSX or Exclusive, you'd also have the Hydractive centre sphere piping there too..

Could be simple or difficult.

Battery flat is NOT normal. I can leave my TD for weeks upon weeks and the battery remains as fresh as a daisy.

As far as I know, all UK 1.9TD Xantias have Bosch Pumps...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...