Xantia Pressure Regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

reservex
My Cars:

Xantia Pressure Regulator

Post by reservex »

I have just changed the hydraulic pressure regulator on my 1999 T Reg 1.9td estate.
I would like to say thanks to the members who contributed to the questions and advice sought when i was enquiring about this job (see previous posts).
One thing that did concern me was obtaining the correct replacement part from a breaker, as i was advised that there are differences between some MK2 parts due to thread pitches and seals on the inlet port from the pump.
I obtained a HPR from an R reg 1.9TD and to be sure i also got one off a V Reg so that when i did dismantle my own at least i would have a good chance of putting it back together without to much drama.
When i took off the leaker from the car i put all three side by side, and found that there was no difference in the thread pitches, and also that the one off my car the 99 T had a seal in the base of the port, ( i must assume that the seals from both the breaker parts must have come off with the pipe).
It seems to me that there is nothing definate as to when this change occured.
There was some posts regarding changing the accumulator sphere to improve ride and some said that this would make no difference, i have to say that since changing the hpr and fitting it with a new acc sphere the ride has greatly improved, in fact it has never been better, could this be just that the system needed bleeding through?
So thanks again to those who helped and if anyone out there is in need of a replacement hpr off a v reg theres one here. :D