No Interior Lights On Xantia 2.1

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

timbo101
My Cars:

No Interior Lights On Xantia 2.1

Post by timbo101 »

Hello all,

I have just upgraded from my old trusty pug 405 diesel estate to a xantia 2.1 SX diesel turbo as its better for towing the caravan. Anyway, i have only had it a week so am still ironing out the few bits and bobs to make it right. The one thing I cant sort out is the interior lighting does not work. The two manual lights at the front work but all the lights that should work when I open the doors do not. Neither of the lights on the centre pillar or the light in the back of the estate come on either when I open the doors or when I slide the switch to on. I obviously have checked all the bulbs and the fuses but they are all ok.
Any advice would be great.
Also I live in bournemouth in dorset and need to get a cambelt change . anyone experienced enough that is fairly local that could do it for hard cash would be great.
Many thanks...Tim
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Hi Tim, welcome to the Forum and the insane world of Citroen ownership... :lol:

Does the central locking work, and can you set the alarm with the remote? The lights on later cars are linked to the 'body computer' that controls these functions. Check under the passenger seat and make sute that the computer has not taken a bath....

Sorry, can't help with the cambelt, I'm at the 'wrong' end of the country as far as you're concerned....!
Richard W
timbo101
My Cars:

Post by timbo101 »

Hello, Thanks for that will take a look. The central locking does work and I can now lock and unlock the car remotely with the plip although it didnt work when I got it but just needed to reprogram the plip to the car and now it works fine. As for the alarm I think it works as the red LED on the dash comes on once I have locked the car with the remote plip but my indicators dont flash like im used to sut dont know if thats normal or not.
Hope that helps a bit. many thanks...Tim
timbo101
My Cars:

Post by timbo101 »

Heeeeelp,
I have just been back out to the car and realised that the two red leds flashing in the car are the immobiliser keypad and the stereo. The alarm LED is not working so i take it i have no alarm active. I have checked under the passenger seat as you mentioned ande i can see a couple of leads going to a plug and the plug is connected to a plastic clip but thats it. Should there be a box computer thingy there????
If its missing is it easy enough to replace it or is it opening a whole can of worms. please help a.s.a.p.....thank you so much
1997 Xantia 2.1 TD SX Estate
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Hi timbo,
perhaps you need to do a 'ctl-alt-delete' to your car?

Disconnect your battery for half a hour then reconnect. Make sure you do have any codes though as you will need them to work your radio and keypad before you do it first.

Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
timbo101
My Cars:

Problem Solved

Post by timbo101 »

Hello again,
Well I now have all interior lights which work on the timer and they dim and work fine etc etc.
Dont ask me what I did but while I was waiting outside my daughters school to pick her up I messed arround with the drivers side light, bent the pins on the bulb and the bulb connecter and nothing still worked but when I got out the car closed the door and got back in again the lights came on and now work every time so bit strange but at least it works for now just wish I had a better explanation for how it was rectified.
Thanks to everyone for the advice,

Tim :D
1997 Xantia 2.1 TD SX Estate