Extra Traction !

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Extra Traction !

Post by ACTIVE8 »

On the way home I noticed the Activa was doing a bit of height correction, but as I had pulled up at the traffic lights, and the footbrake was being held down the correction did not take place.

Now, having experienced this before I knew it was probably going to do a small correction upwards.

So I held the brake on until the lights were about to change, having released the brake the rear lifted slightly and yes I did put the gas pedal to the metal for experimental purposes of course. :wink:

So as it countered the weight transfer, it gave it better traction off the line.
C YA Bye Bye GTI ! :lol:

Another use for the clever suspension, thankyou Citroen. :) :wink:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I like :lol:

It still amuses me when a hydro Cit does it's little tricks :lol: :lol:

I still get an enormous amout of joy out of my Activa after a year in my ownershipm and only irregular use nowadays as the 2.1TD does the bulk of the work..

Straight-line performance may be nothing special by todays standards but around the twisty stuff the Activa is still king :D
ACTIVE8 wrote:Bye Bye GTI !

My son uses that as his forum name. He's currently building a Nissan 200SX S13 drift racer.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...