Dilemma

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Dilemma

Post by jgra1 »

Chaps..

My clutch is almost dead.. very springy now, and all the action is in the first 2 cm or less of pedal..

I still have an annoying oil leak, and have changed rocker gasket.. so I can only think its the HG.. its all up the back of engine, manifold high..

The cambelt is overdue, I have one ready

The aux belt is all but gone.

Shall I buy a top-end set and haul the motor out and do all.. it strikes me that the time to do this, (a good weekend) would work out quicker than doing the other jobs seperately, and a damn site easier..

I have hoist and have done 3 gearbox removals and about 3 engine removals from Cits/Pugs in past..

the final clincher.. I can have a good jet wash of the firewall area, for the time when steering rack and other bits needs work.. there is an LHM leak from down there too..

Car is 1999 TD with exclusive seats/wheels, and 120K

:twisted:
John

edit. I also have the VFR**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] to use so can take time if needed..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi John,

After recently doing a clutch and removing the gearbox (Job stalled due to an me being firmly out of action with an upper back injury :twisted:) I'd lift the lot out.

After all the work to remove a gearbox, so little else needs to be done to lift the engine so it would be a shame not to. An engine out on the floor is a joy to work on and the chance to give the whole bay a wash is not to be missed.

I reckon in that way you'll actually get the work done quicker and the weather is nice for running around on the VFR**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...