Xantia "I Spy"

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Xantia "I Spy"

Post by ACTIVE8 »

While out and about during yesterday. I travelled to two places and was not out for very long. So as I was short on time and was not expecting to see another Xantia, as you don't always encounter another.

Yesterday was different though as I popped into the supermarket I noticed a red one in a nearby space. When I returned I went to drive out and spotted another, this time a silver one. When I drove to a local DIY store after that, and went into a nearby shop I had to wait while one or two cars crossed infront of me and a white one was the second car ! :wink:

The Xantia is not as common as say a Mondeo, and these were all hatchbacks in different colours, although not one as an Activa. So it was a pleasant surprise to see them all. 8)

It's like the thing that the police have been reported as doing I.E. stopping cars of all different colours to do a list for the fun of it.

Although these were all obviously the same make and model except for the engine specs and colour, they were all seen within a few minutes of each other, a bit like buses all coming at once.

So how many will I encounter on another journey ? :)

Maybe none because if you go out expecting a siting they are like a sly fox and in hiding! :wink:
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

Top this, i saw 15 Xantia's on Saturday! I'm out on the road alot and i usually see at least 5 a day.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well my humble three were seen during a 20 minute short visit to the shops, and were a pleasant surprise. :)

I never see that many over a period of time it's a bit hit, and miss.

Well XantiaMan583 you are living up to your name, that's a good "I Spy" score. 8) :wink:

How many have you seen over a long period of time surely not 583 ? :wink:
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Combien Xantiae ?

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Maybe 58.3 rounded down :wink:
XantiaMan
My Cars:

Post by XantiaMan »

There must have been another Xantiaman when i registered so i used the numbers off my numberplate instead.
2003 Ford Mondeo ST220
2002 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
2001 Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
2008 Ford Transit Mk7
http://www.facebook.com/kidmans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Hi XantiaMan583 :)

Ah, so that explains it, sorry I couldn't make out your index on your avatar to see the connection.

Looks like your siting record will be hard to beat !
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Loads of Xantia's in and around Motherwell, there is two in our stree, mine and the one at the bottom of the road, three if you coun't my Sensation parked up in the drive, and most annoyinly another Mallard green 1.8LX up up on the High Street, annoying as that's the colour of my Sensation and when I got the car it was the only one that colour for miles, now there is at least another one over in Hamilton.

My first Xantia was a 95N plate black 1.9TD SX, I only had it less than two days when I parked in Asda's car park and came back to find three black 1.9TD SX's all parked almost one beside the other.....what a relief to have remote central locking.
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)