Fuel Gauge Wierd One This!!

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rothy

Fuel Gauge Wierd One This!!

Post by Rothy »

Hi everyone. Bit of a puzzling one this. Wife used my car for work today. She put a fivers worth of diesel in it even though the fuel light wasn't on. Anyway as she pulled off the petrol station the fuel light came on. So to play safe she put another fivers worth in when she past another petrol station. The light still came on. Usually the car is filled up weekly because I do a lot of miles each week. It was serviced on tuesday, could this have caused a problem although it was working fine until this morning.

many thanks in advance

Rothy
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

I doubt servicing would have affected the fuel gauge,even if they changed the fuel filter not much diesel is lost

The more likely answer is that its just FRENCH !!!!

Try putting a bit more fuel in say £20 quid and find a nice flat road and a steady speed,thats when i find my gauge most accurate,even with a fiver in the light comes on up hills.
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!
citroen7
My Cars: 73 stag,86 bx gt 89 bxgti 90 bxgti 4x4 91 metor auto 97 p38 2004 c5 2.0 vtr 2006 c5 estate 1.6

Post by citroen7 »

my 405 is much the same, if i put £10 in i reset the trip and go more on mpg than rely on the gauge, and this seems to work.