Activa clutch

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Activa clutch

Post by citronut »

what extra work is involved doing a clutch on an Activa as opposed to other non Activa xants
regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Malcolm,

In theory, not much more. It has the ML5 'box with a cable operated gearchange and the hydraulic clutch. These items it shares with the 2.1TD and the 110 HDi. The BoL is slightly conversant with this clutch and gearbox under its 2.1TD guise.

You have to make sure the piston and pushrod does not fall out of the clutch slave cylinder by tying them up with cable ties but apart from that, not too much different from doing a BE3 'box clutch change really except the ML5 is a bigger and heavier 'box.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

But... Haynes suggests that you do not engage the release bearing with the cover plate before mating the box, instead you fit the release bearing to the fork in the bellhousing, refit the box, then have to make up a t-bar tool to insert in the slave cylinder hole, engage with the release bering then yank backwards to engage the release bearing snap ring in the pressure plate. Nice :roll:

Book time for an HDi with ML5 box is eight hours....
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Richard (Handyman says citroen recon it a 12hr job on an Activia, i will have to look in my (HANY ASS BOL) to check out what RichardW said regarding the thrust bearing (sonds like great fun)not,

mind you if its anything like the first back to front (pull clutch) i did or at least had a hand in we couldnt work that out either, now there a doddle knowing the trick of removing the fork lever first
regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Richard (Handyman says citroen recon its a 12hr job on an Activia, i will have to look in my (HANY ASS BOL) to check out what RichardW said regarding the thrust bearing (sonds like great fun)not,

mind you if its anything like the first back to front (pull clutch) i did or at least had a hand in we couldnt work that out either, now there a doddle knowing the trick of removing the fork lever first
regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Richard (Handyman says citroen recon its a 12hr job on an Activia, i will have to look in my (HANY ASS BOL) to check out what RichardW said regarding the thrust bearing (sonds like great fun)not,

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think it needs some ALKASALKSA, keeps repeating on its self