Xantia 1.9td Heater fan & Automatic tentioner

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

busastars

Xantia 1.9td Heater fan & Automatic tentioner

Post by busastars »

Hi, I have read through alot of the post's regarding the heater fan.
Now mine works intermitantly, when it stops working if you give the underside of the glovebox a kick it starts workin again. Is this down to needing the relay mod, or is it the transistors in the fan, or even the heater temp resistor?

Also I have replaced the auxaliry belt but the automatic tentioner seams to bounce alot, the tension is fine, the tensioner seamed to be catching the cam cover every now and then, I have tried to bar the cover slightly and seams to stoped it catching but it does bounce alot, any advice please?

Thankyou
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The usual cause of this problem is the high current connections to the motor and motor speed regulator module making a poor contact. They carry upwards of 30A when the fan is running full-tilt and like much of Citroen electrics, they're not really up to the job.

Have a look at the connections and clean and tighten them. The thick red and black wires are the ones to look at. You'll most likely find they've been running hot and have lost their grip on the spades.

For the aux belt, have a look at the link below and particularly the link in the second post. I think that'll answer most of it. Bouncing tensioners are a very common problem.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=23249

Hope that helps :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...