The new C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

HST

The new C5

Post by HST »

Autocar have had a first drive of the new C5 - looks promising. It's described as essentialy a short wheelbase C6, with many components in common with it, the Pug 407 and old C5.

They're expecting 50% to be sold with steel suspension, the rest with Hydractive 3+. i.e. it looks like all the hydropneumatics will have switchable suspension, which they should have done years ago!

Autocar were positive about the car & not surprisingly said the steel sprung models were more driver orientated. It certainly looks nicer than the old model! I'll just have to wait a few years for them to become affordable secondhand.

PS
AutoExpress like it too..
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews ... en_c5.html
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I was invited to view the new C5 at Citroen's HQ in Slough a couple of weeks ago, I can say that it looks even better in the flesh than it does in photo's. It appears to be very well built with very small gaps between panels, the dash is interesting in that on the speedo and rev conter only the tip of the needles is visable, leaving room in the centre for other functions. I was very impressed.

By the way the Nemo was also there, now that is cute :roll:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I have to say, in the style wasteland we now have in the new car market, The C5 is the only new model I really like the looks of. I'm glad Citroen have not gone down the "chunky look" road, typified by the new Mondeo :evil: and designed a car that does not look as if it is suffering a severe case of clinical obesity. Good on Citroen for bucking the trend :)

The Break is the one I would like, not due until August I believe.

What is the Nemo Richard?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

citrojim wrote:What is the Nemo Richard?
http://www.citroenet.org.uk/prototypes/ ... tto-1.html Unfortunately that colour scheme is only a concept vehicle and won't be available to the general public which is a shame if you have young kids. Yes that is seaweed on the dash, luckily enough it was the plastic version to keep the smell down :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

"Many of the underpinnings are also borrowed from the C6 and, to a lesser extent, the Peugeot 407. That means double-wishbone front suspension and a multilink layout at the back"

"at speed the C5 has that unflustered, floating-on-fluid feel that is unique to Citroen. At low speeds its ride is more supple than the C6’s"

Hurrah!

So they've ditched McPherson struts in the midrange vehicles at last, and have a setup similar to (but probably scaled down) from the C6. Wonderful news.

I expect the Hydractive version of this will be a very nice riding/handling car... and affordable to mere mortals in 10 years or so... :lol:

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive