Newbie, Xantia rear Door Lock Questions

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

busastars

Newbie, Xantia rear Door Lock Questions

Post by busastars »

Hi all, just another newbie hear.

Sorry my first post is a problem one but I do need help.

I have a Xantia Estate 1.9 td pre facelift 95 modle with centrol locking.

The rear drivers side passanger door does not open from eather inside or outside. I have managed to pull the door pannel away slightly and been looking at the leavers, all seam to be attached and working. I have been looking to open the door but cannot find out how.

I had been told by someone that to do this would require me to get a bar or chissel down through and smash the selonoid till I can get to a leaver to open the door. If this work ok but is there any other advice on this please?

Also Citroen have lots of different part numbers for a new selonoid and carnt tell me what is the difference between them, they are realy expensive through Citroen and would meybe like to get one second hand.
The question is what are the differences between all the door mec's/selonoid, and will one off a non estate work are they all interchange'able.

What breakers do people hear use?

Thanks all, sorry for all the questions.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Busastars,
Dont use a hammer and chisel on your door.

If you can, remove the rear seat base, this will give you better access to the door.
Remove the door handle and then the lock button. Remove the speaker.
Pull the door panel towards you and up.
the panel will be off then.
You will see the rods that connect to the lock.
Your door will be deadlocked.
Find the solenoid and remove the rod that connects it to the lock, push/pull the rod and you will find you can release the lock so the door will open.
once that is done, you can concentrate on checking if current going to the solenoid or even if the solenoid connection is firmly located. Remove if needed and get a replacement from the scrapyard.
Put back the parts in reverse.
Hope this is of some help
Paul
1xAmi,3xGS,2xBx,2xAX,2xSaxo,1xXantia mk I,2xXantia MkII,1xC1,2xC2,
busastars

Post by busastars »

I did manage to get it open, removed the back seat & managed to get the door pannel off, tryed everything but still wouldent open, BUT then the lump hammer and pry bar took over.

Half hour smashing it and finaly got it open with the mec in a thousand bit's.

Got one mail ordered from a breakers £18 and fitted but not conecting the cable. Will be manuel for this door and planing on unpluging the other rear door.

I carnt realy have this happen again so stuff the central locking, I plan on getting the car plated as a taxi so it would end a night if this did occer again.