Greg Clutch Clip Mod

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Greg Clutch Clip Mod

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
I have done a marginally better sketch of my version of Cits dozy clip, :shock: :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v676/ ... egClip.jpg

Greg

90 Kawa EN 500 A1- was running---now dead again
04 Kawa GPZ 500 E10 -alive and well.
54 Fiat Punto 1.2 Dynamic

Old Xantias- 16v 2litre 1997 VSX, 2 x 1993 TD Lx, S2 SX 1.9TD
Old Bx's--3 x 1.9 D, 1x 1.6 Auto, 1 x 1.9 GTi, 1 x 1.9 TZS
smokegetsinyereyes
My Cars:

Post by smokegetsinyereyes »

Hi Greg,
I fitted my new cable to-day, and what a saga it turned out to be! New cable and new clip you wouldn't think there would be a problem, shows just how wrong I was. Buggered if the new clip would stay on the cable, must have tried it half a dozen times. I n a last minute panic (3pm) finish work at 4.30pm the torner made up a metal fork end with a slot machined up the full length if it, with a long 10mm hole and stepping up to a 7mm hole at the end ( when I get time I'll do a drawing for you) IT goes like this: cable pulled through the bulkhead, the new fork simply slides over the cable, then pulls back to locate the bullit end of the cable against the 7mm part of the inside of the fork, once in it cannot come out, so doesn't need pinned or any thing. Then a short 8mm bolt and nyloc nut holds it onto the pedal. Happy days, and all with 15mins to spare before going home. A hard days work, just as well the railway was paying me for it, lol!!!
All the best,
Neill..........
If it aint broke dont fix it!!!
smokegetsinyereyes
My Cars:

Post by smokegetsinyereyes »

Hi Greg,
I fitted my new cable to-day, and what a saga it turned out to be! New cable and new clip you wouldn't think there would be a problem, shows just how wrong I was. Buggered if the new clip would stay on the cable, must have tried it half a dozen times. I n a last minute panic (3pm) finish work at 4.30pm the torner made up a metal fork end with a slot machined up the full length if it, with a long 10mm hole and stepping up to a 7mm hole at the end ( when I get time I'll do a drawing for you) IT goes like this: cable pulled through the bulkhead, the new fork simply slides over the cable, then pulls back to locate the bullit end of the cable against the 7mm part of the inside of the fork, once in it cannot come out, so doesn't need pinned or any thing. Then a short 8mm bolt and nyloc nut holds it onto the pedal. Happy days, and all with 15mins to spare before going home. A hard days work, just as well the railway was paying me for it, lol!!!
All the best,
Neill..........
If it aint broke dont fix it!!!