Xantia Anti-sink Valve Removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Xantia Anti-sink Valve Removal

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Ok I have an LHM leak and as there is not much left in the tank its stopped leaking.
It was leaking from under the LHM tank coming straight down in a nice thin line of LHM.

So this maybe the Anti-sink valve that has the O ring problem how do i get the dam thing out from under the tank.

So far i have dropped car to low and undone the pressure screw so no pressure left. LHM tank is now out of the car and i can see the dirty little valve sat at an angle with 5 pipes going into it.

Please help. Anybody near Plymouth. :D

gav425
Last edited by PicassoPigeon on 14 Jan 2008, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi
125,000 miles
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Not difficult, just a little fiddley.

First, either photo, make a drawing ot mark the pipes as you will end up with not remembering the correct hole for each one.

Undo all of them (8mm spanner) and from memory there is only one bolt holding it in place (10mm spanner) this if I remember correct comes up through the valve, rather than being a nice and easy down through!!

Then the choice as they say is yours, either go down the fitting an "O" ring road or replace the valve.

My personal choice was allways replace, the reason being that the first one went tits up and you aint realy changed anything except put an "O" ring back into a unit that failed, you never know when it will fail again. Obviously I was repairing and getting paid to do it, so if the thing failed again in the middle of the night and in the middle of knowhere, well you can inmagine a very unhappy chappy will be on the blower to me. On the other hand it's your car, your money and you can do as you please as you will have no comeback!!

Regards
Slim.
PicassoPigeon
My Cars:

Post by PicassoPigeon »

Thank you for your help. Jobs a goodun.
I have done the O ring I picked it up from Plymouth Pirtek for no charge.All I had to buy was 2L of LHM to top up the tank all is fine.

Thank you to everyone for your help, I love this forum :D :D

gav425
2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0HDi
125,000 miles