This HAS to be a worry

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

This HAS to be a worry

Post by alan s »

No wonder the French voted this down.
What a blatant case of "looking after" your mates at the expense of the general community.
This bunch seem to be jackbooting their way over everybody and everything over there.

http://www.r2rc.co.uk/home/index.php

Anybody heard much about it?

Alan S
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I suppose the overpaid and over educated bureaucrats in the EEC didn't see that one coming!

Of course one answer would be for people to stop buying new cars and keep their old dogs going for another year or two. I can't help thinking that such an approach would solve the problem rather quicker than any legislation that the overpaid might come up with.

What you can be sure of is that gradually the trade will find ways round the electronics - they've found ways round everything else so far.
jeremy
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I have never been happy with the idea of a computer programme being put into cars by the manufacturers.. How do we know what's in the programme? Built in faults for example? :roll:

I cleaned the throttle assembly out on my Honda, 2 hours work ish, but getting the car to start afterwards was a nightmare due to the ECU programme!! In the end I had to leave the battery off overnight, and then drive like a boy racer for an hour to get the car to perform as it should..

On the bright side, I love my lil ZX to bits coz it has NO ECU and don't break down!! .. heh heh.. :lol:
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.