will my xsara be ok on veg?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jamieclayton9

will my xsara be ok on veg?

Post by jamieclayton9 »

Hi all. I am seriously thinking about running my xsara on 50/50 mix all the time. Will my car run on it ok. It is a 1998 r reg 1.9td exclusive. I havent tried it on veg yet. I have got to save some pennys. I am finding it hard to get by at the mo so need to save cash some how. I know theres a rule about what pump it is.

Many thanks

jamie
1998 1.9td xsara exclusive
slim123

Post by slim123 »

Go on just bung it in, it's only an old Xsara after all :twisted:

No serious though, it will be fine if it has a Bosh fuel system on it, you can even run them neat, but not in the winter (jelling probs)

I run my old Xantia on a 50/50 mix, I just get the cheapest veg oil in the supermarket and bung it in with 1/2 tank of diesel, sometimes if yer lucky you will come across a buy one get one free offer, thats when I get another trolly :lol:

Others do say that the Lucas system dont like veg, but I know of a few that do run quite happy with a 50/50 mix, but I did know of a chap who ran an AX diesel on veg and the pump went tits up, that was a Lucas pump, but having said that, I have known pumps go tits up on cars that have only been run on pure diesel.

Regards
Slim