It couldn't last...ZX alarm

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

It couldn't last...ZX alarm

Post by Stuart McB »

Right then I'll cut straight to the chase. My 1996 ZX TD SX has a Citroen fitten alrm & imobilisor. Now while all has seemed well for a week or two, locks-unlocks, LEDs all come etc, just latley the alarm is going off with out any reason. Now I'm no electrical expert so,

1) Can I disconnect the alarm but still use the imobilisor and remote central locking?

2) If needed can I disconect both the alarm & imobilisor and still use the remote central locking.

3) Any one have a few pointers on what could be up with the alarm.

As I say for a week or two of ownership, the alarm and all the LED's seemed to work fine. Just sine Tuseday (08.01.08) when I replaced an indicator lens, didn't take out the bulbs or anything, the alarm goes off after about 5 to 10 mins. LED's all come on and work fine. The LED under the clock even flashes quite fast to tell that the alarm has sounded. If I lock the ZX using the key all is well.

Many thanks in advance. :)
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

It would appear that by turning the sensors off using the dash board switch has cured the problem. Today the alarm hasn't gone off at all. And so far tonight while she's on the drive the same. So it sounds (no punn intended) that it's these over sensitive sensors that seem to be all the talk on Xantia alarms. Let you all know how I get on if this still fails.
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
THELABMAN
My Cars:

Post by THELABMAN »

Hello Stewart,

I never had the luxury of an alarm on my Zx when I had it, but the two Xantia's I have had in the past and my currrent one all suffered with over sensitive sensors and I had to switch it off using the dash mounted switch.
Citroen C5 2.0 HDI SX Hatchback - 2002 (52)
Xantia Sensation 1.9TD (T) Mallard Green (Gone to the breakers)