Well mantained ZX?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Well mantained ZX?

Post by Stuart McB »

Well I've been running the ZX for just over a week now and the only thing I've had to do is lubricate the gear stick linkage under the car. Anyhow I checked the brakes while she was on the axle stands. The disc's seem brand new and the pads match aswell. The exhaust is a complete new one and ther's absolutley no rot or rust underneath on the body. Only down side is the washer jets are crap either broken or part blocked either way I need new ones (see begging note in wanted section). So apart from the 114k drivers seat all is in quite good shape. This is a genuine first on a ZX for me. The others I've had have been right old dogs but plodded on. :)
The wifes got a C4 I've got a ZX TD SX!!!!
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

I've had a good few high-mileage ZXs too.

I've never had any rust despite driving on salty Scottish roads.

The interior trim has always fallen to bits - that's to be expected :D :D

Some seats are worse than other for collapsing at the sides. I've found the tweed-y Avantage ones to be the strongest. The velour Dimension ones were the worst - god knows what they were stuffed with... :roll:
ImageImage
deian

Post by deian »

I have a zx avantage, mark 1, it's not a bad car, needs some tlc still, but it's not gone bang yet, something needs fixing though. but i only paid £300 for it... 4 months ago, citroen certainly do good cars
killie77
My Cars:

ZX Avantage

Post by killie77 »

Hi
Just joined the Forum..
Bought a 1.9D Avantage Estate last sunday has 110000 on the Clock
runs well starts first time Bodywork tidy etc As I live in Glasgow and work in the day I've not had much chance to look it over properly. The Weathers been terrible.
THe Car has an electric sunroof which I tried when buying the Tillt mechanism works fine but when I press the button to slide back nothing happens.. I was wondering if they only tilt on these models its Glass with the interior blind below.
Another thing the rear wiper refuses to work The water jets fine but no movement from the wiper.Got a couple more questions but I think I've made this Post to long already :D
Regards
Ian.H
deian

Post by deian »

Mine tilts, and goes back, so I reckon your must do too, my guess it is hasn't been used much and not properly greased etc, tilt it up and see if you can shove some grease on the rails, then try again.

If it doesn't move at all, it may be a switch problem.
killie77
My Cars:

Post by killie77 »

HI
Thanks for the advice
will give it a try I think it might be a switch problem as it makes no effort to go back.
Can anyone tell me if the Rear shock absorbers on the estate should be excessively hard ? reason I ask I;m getting a rattling noise from the OSR took it down to Kwik Fit they reckoned the shocks were OK but felt a bit hard.
Ross_K
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2009 Citroen C5 VTR+ HDi 1.6
2004 Toyota Prius
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.6 Twin Spark

Post by Ross_K »

Rattle at the rear? Checked your subframe mounts?
ImageImage
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

We have had 3 Zx's in the family, and they were all in very nice condition. :D

I bought the interior trim out of a Volcane and now have that installed in my currant Aura, the seats are lovely and comfy.. :D

I have also just bought the front bumper complete with foglights off a similar car.. I will take a good look at the seats tomorrow when I pick the bumper up, and let you know if they are worth buying. The car is in Stalybridge, Tameside, Nr Manchester.
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
killie77
My Cars:

Post by killie77 »

Will try and have a look underneath today. anything in Particulat I should check on the Subframe ? this is my first ZX I will try and source Haynes manual soon
Regards
Ian.H
deian

Post by deian »

I have that problem too... knocking from the rear, I've been told it's the bushes where it mounts to the bodywork, I have yet to find the weather and the patience to do this job, it doesn't seem too difficult, but it does seem a bit fiddly to reach for them.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

I went to pick up my stuff from the scrapyard today, (front bumper-fogs and rear window heater switch) but the rest of the car had gone!! Sorry about that.. :(
James. (Nr M67 East of Manchester).
Dark Blue ZX 1.9D Auto 1994 'L' 5 dr (modified) Aura. 98K miles used daily. Ave mpg 40
Wedgewood Blue 75 CTD auto Connoissaur. 2002. 144k. used daily. ave mpg 40 ish.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Info about changing the subframe mounts:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... p?p=150784

Worth the effort :D
Richard W
killie77
My Cars:

Post by killie77 »

HI
Thanks for the info regarding the Mounts. Im going to have a look today and see if I can get it done
Regards
Ian.H
mrbump
My Cars:

Post by mrbump »

They dont reallt rust that bad, bit like the 205's, they have the rust traps designed out of them. The one place they do go (and the place that the MOT man will see) is the front of the chassis rails between tham and the sills before the subframe. I have had to weld up a couple of them here and know of a coupl more tht got scrapped because of the rot here. Preventatively I suppose you could drill a hole into the rail and suirt in some waxoyl or something?
Citroen ZXTD Volcane VNTGE (Gasket Eater)