Xantia Relay Layout

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ids987
My Cars:

Xantia Relay Layout

Post by ids987 »

Just wondering if anyone knows of a layout diagram for the Xantia relays please. Mine is a 2000 (W) 2.0i 16V estate. The Haynes electrical section kindly shows the diagrams and gives the relays numbers, but doesn't appear to show which one is which. I'm trying to locate the blower motor relay.
This has been bypassed on my vehicle, so I just have an on/off switch for the fan, and the heater is on full heat all the time, so I suspect the power to the controls etc may have been disconnected as well. I need to try and work backwards and find out why.....

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ian S
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Hi Ian,

I have 98td estate mk2 and recently chnaged relays.

It is located in front of the blue relay on the panel behind the fuses in the drivers footwell.If the relay is there here is the number found on the cartier ones: 12V 35 amp 03531

No3 is the live feed direct from the battery throught 40amp fuse in the engine comp.Fuse 21 I think
No1 is the supplementary feed which is turned on with ignition switch(position m).Fuse 5 i think.This is also used by the supp feed on the rear heated windscreen (that relay is the big orange one!)

When I find my diagram showing the positions I will scan same on to PC and send you a copy.

Hope this helps as I've got problem as well see my last entry on the forum.

Kenny W
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
ids987
My Cars:

Post by ids987 »

Thanks Kenny,

I'll have a look later.
Pretty sure you're right about the fuse numbers. With the position of the relay panel though, I can't see much of what I'm doing down there, and some of the relay positions are unoccupied, so I wasn't sure what was what. I nearly resorted to trying to drop the fusebox and relay panel - to try and trace the wires forward from the fuses. From what little I can see, it doesn't look very easy though. I remember a blue relay though, so I'm sure that will help.
If you do find the diagram, a copy would be much appreciated. I have a feeling I'm about to uncover a series of cut wires and taped joints.....

Thanks again.

Ian
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Hi Ian,

Found the diagram,next problem is attaching it to this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is e-mail address I will send that way:

kennethw1961@tiscali.co.uk

Kenny W[/img]
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

The blower relay is item 10.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
ids987
My Cars:

Post by ids987 »

Thanks all, I think I've identified the blower relay. Had to do a bit of contortionism (is that a word ?) to see enough for the diagram to make sense - door open, seat right back, legs and body out of the door, head under dash. I'll post further when I make some progress. Next stop centre console.......

Happy New Year to All:
Ian
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

is that a word ?
Yes, the spellchecker says it’s OK. :lol:

Since you only have an on-off switch for the fan, it’s not likely that the culprit will have ventured into the controls on the centre console. :twisted:

If the car has air conditioning, the heater on full heat all the time is something like the motorised heater flap not moving because of a broken drive cog into the flap lever.
Cars without air conditioning have the flap operated by a cable.
The flap motor is at the very front of the bottom of the centre console on the passenger’s side … more contortions. :evil:

Image Image Image
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
ids987
My Cars:

Post by ids987 »

Clogzz wrote:
is that a word ?
Yes, the spellchecker says it’s OK. :lol:

Since you only have an on-off switch for the fan, it’s not likely that the culprit will have ventured into the controls on the centre console. :twisted:

If the car has air conditioning, the heater on full heat all the time is something like the motorised heater flap not moving because of a broken drive cog into the flap lever.
Cars without air conditioning have the flap operated by a cable.
The flap motor is at the very front of the bottom of the centre console on the passenger’s side … more contortions. :evil:

Thanks Cloggz, and sorry - I thought I'd posted a "thanks" yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have saved.
Now I know where it is, I may be able to manually adjust to some extent - until I get round to looking at it properly.
Got a long list of things to do on this car.......

Ian