Xantia suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

keith w

Xantia suspension

Post by keith w »

I have a xantia vsx auto with a couple of problems, I am hoping that somebody out there might be able to help me.
Firstly, the front suspension is very hard. I have replaced the spheres, and have checked that they are the correct ones. The suspension is still the same. I do not know where to go next. The local main dealer wants £58 + vat just to supply the spheres (thank goodness for andyspares).
Secondly, the little red warning light on the temporature gauge flashes on periodically, I'm told that this is due to a faulty bicton sensor.

Last but not least squeeling brakes, my car has developed a rather load squeeling sound when braking, I thought that perhaps the anti- squeel shims had been removed, when I checked they were there all present and correct.
Any thoughts and opinions on any of these issues would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
Keith W
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Since you have a VSX Xantia, a presume it's fitted with hydractive suspension (with button 'sport' in front of height lever). Did you also replace the middle sphere. If it's flat, front suspension will be in fact in hard mode all the time. If it's OK, than something must be wrong with hydractive system. Check the ride height also.
deck121
My Cars:

Post by deck121 »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have a xantia vsx auto with a couple of problems, I am hoping that somebody out there might be able to help me.
Firstly, the front suspension is very hard. I have replaced the spheres, and have checked that they are the correct ones. The suspension is still the same. I do not know where to go next. The local main dealer wants £58 + vat just to supply the spheres (thank goodness for andyspares).
Secondly, the little red warning light on the temporature gauge flashes on periodically, I'm told that this is due to a faulty bicton sensor.

Last but not least squeeling brakes, my car has developed a rather load squeeling sound when braking, I thought that perhaps the anti- squeel shims had been removed, when I checked they were there all present and correct.
Any thoughts and opinions on any of these issues would be gratefully appreciated.
Many thanks
Keith W

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
derek evans
deck121
My Cars:

Post by deck121 »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Many thanks
Keith W

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>keith i had the same prob on my xantia regarding the light on temp iwas quoted £360.00 to do the job main dealer i tracked it down treid bitron box and allit was it nedded a ouater of litre of water in the expansion tank gust top up your water it might work could save you lots of money hope this cures your prob deck 121
derek evans