suspension.........

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Michael
My Cars:

suspension.........

Post by Michael »

I hit a pothole a few weeks ago in my 106 which caused the following damage; severely dented one of my alloy wheels, blew the tyre, 'bent' one of the shock absorbers, caused my steering wheel to move from the straight on position...I changed both the front shocks and springs and fitted my spare wheel in place of the damaged one, but ever since I keep hearing a knocking sound when going over bumps, it sounds like something is loose somewhere on the chassis. But I have had it looked at by a local garage who reported nothing to be damaged or loose???Both my front tyres have also started to show excessive wear on their inside edges could this be the tracking??? I took the car to a garage to have the tracking checked, but they told me they couldnt do it on a 106 as only a dealer can do it?? is he true or just being a lazy git??? any ideas.....
m chapman
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Ring a couple of tyre places from the yellow pages and ask if they do laser alignment. Many places do, expect to pay £10 to £15 for a check.
Ben
Michael
My Cars:

Post by Michael »

had the wheel alignment checked....one whell was 'out' by 13mm!!!!! mechanic noticed the wheel was also a few cm closer to the car than the other front wheel, but cant work out why?? any ideas or am I gonna have to empty my bank balance at my local pug dealers?
m chapman