Please Help. antipollution fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rothy

Please Help. antipollution fault

Post by Rothy »

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me. The antipollution fault came up on the display and the orange engine light on the dash came on. I had read somewhere about taking it on a run a keeping it above 4000 revs which I have just done but the light andwarning still came on when I turned off the engine and then back on. I can't really afford to take it to a garage at the moment so is there anything else I can try?? Oh nearly forgot. My car is 307 HDi 90 on an 04 plate done 44000 miles

All advice/suggestions greatly appreciated
lomondview

Post by lomondview »

Hi Rothy,
I'm a newbie here and have had my 307XSi HDi for four weeks now (04 plate with 23k). I also get the AntiPollution Fault coming up on my display and have twice done the driving down the road at full throttle in 1st, 2nd and 3rd which cleared the problem each time. However, it has now re-appeared for the third time and I'm beginning to think this is a false reading as the car drives perfectly. It's due for it's second service soon so will leave it until then and get my local dealer to try and resolve this problem. HTH in some small way.
Cheers
Dave
micitroen
My Cars:

Post by micitroen »

There's lots of places that don't charge the 'arms and legs ' prices of a dealer, try asking about and someone will know of a garage/workshop close to you that will probably plug in and find out or at least point you in the right direction....these can be caused by all manner of small faults that manifest themselves as an Anti Pollution warning.
Hope this helps.
Mike

1993 BX TXD EST mmm. nice. 1990 Bx 19TZD Auto Lhd (now lives in France) 1998 Xsara 1.9d lx.
lomondview

Post by lomondview »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. Not surprisingly the "Anti Pollution Fault" disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared and hasn't reared it's head again since. I'm gonna pounce on the next Peugeot HDi driver I see and ask them which garage they use! :D
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Did anybody get these probs sorted?I had the same thing on my 406,cost a bomb in new sensors,but fixed now.
53`406 est SE Hdi 140,110k