C5 rear suspension oil leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

den169
My Cars:

C5 rear suspension oil leak

Post by den169 »

Hi guys i noticed a very small patch of oil in the garage last week,Iv'e just had a look under the back of the car and it looks to be coming from around the black rubber gater the one with two little rubber pipes going in to it.Anyone had this is it a big job and any ideas on price of parts etc and what part i need .Its a c5 estate 2003 cheers
C5IAM
My Cars:

Post by C5IAM »

I had the same problem on my 2.2HDI hatchback, 51 reg. Certainly one of the pipes referred to is a 'breather' and it had come out of it's housing slightly. Anyway, by simply pushing it back in overcome the problem.
It seems that it leaks slightly if the suspension has been raised and lowered a few times, but mine then dries up. I soon see if mine is leaking as I have a painted garage floor and I look every time I reverse out. I now keep a spare amount of LDS, 1 litre I think but have not had to use it yet.
C5 2.2 HDI Exclusive
C6 2.7 Twin turbo HDI Lignage
den169
My Cars:

Post by den169 »

Cheers c5iam i had raised the suspension a few times before this started to fit new brake pads, After i raised the suspension to have a good look and see where the leak was it seems to have stopped for now,I'll keep a check on the lds levels more from now on.
Thanks