Xantia electric seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pprado
My Cars:

Xantia electric seats

Post by pprado »

Guys, a friend of mine is offering his former Xantia's electric seats.
I still need to check the condition, but by the photos it is great.

The offer is really good... But I have never experienced such seats, and they're off car now.

Could someone give me a opinion about them?

The ones he is selling have elec adjustment, the sublombar and upper bags, central arm rest... afaik, not heated.

Thanks,
-----
Pedro Prado
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

In a word, Brilliant :D .

I won't buy a Xantia without them as I find the angle of the base of non electric seats to be too flat, not offering support under my thighs. Electric seats have a number of extra adjustments ensuring just about anyone can get comfortable.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Ditto.

I find the standard (SX) seats uncomfortable, the VSX electric seats whilst not perfect are much more comfortable and adjustable. I too wouldn't buy one without them. My only real complaint is they don't have a memory function for their adjustment for different drivers...

Regards,
Simon
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
deian

Post by deian »

I like them too, even better than the electric ones on my xm, which does not have the base moving up/down on the front/back.

I wouldn't worry too much about them not being heated, both ones i've had the drivers one didn't work, but the passenger did.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Another vote from me for the electric seats :D

It took me ages to find the right position, there are so many combinations, and it took what seemed a long time for the seat to properly mould to me but I blame my weight, there's not a lot of me :lol:

The seats in my SX feel like concrete slabs now in comparason.

The electric seat allows me to drive 300 miles at a go with no worries at all, no aches, nothing.

Go for 'em!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

Well, what can I say? I´m going to get them :D
They´re 100 Km from here so I think I´m going on the weekend.

How is to remove the seats and install new ones? Easy enough to go with my seats and return with the new ones?
-----
Pedro Prado
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

pprado wrote:Well, what can I say? I´m going to get them :D
They´re 100 Km from here so I think I´m going on the weekend.

How is to remove the seats and install new ones? Easy enough to go with my seats and return with the new ones?
Do a "service tune up" to the seats ensuring that all bolts and brackets are serviceable with the correct tools to remove all seats and rear squabs no sweat.

Its so very nice removing a lubed bolt which has just been undone a couple of days ago :wink:
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Denis
My Cars:

Post by Denis »

Hello
Is fitting electric seats from x2 to x1 as simple as bolt and connect job?
There are some extra wires, beside auto belt tensioner ones, under the carpet. grey wires going into black plastic wrap

Denis
pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

AndersDK wrote:Do a "service tune up" to the seats ensuring that all bolts and brackets are serviceable with the correct tools to remove all seats and rear squabs no sweat.

Its so very nice removing a lubed bolt which has just been undone a couple of days ago :wink:
That is a great tip... I´ll also be more "trained" to the locations.

Thanks!
-----
Pedro Prado
pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

To give you all an update, I have the seats right on my side now 8)

They were not 100% perfect, like most used things.

I needed to:

- Clean the bottom and reroute some wiring;

- run a nylon wire in the bottom of the driver seat´s leather as the original was cut and the seat´s leather was kinda loose. (Not a hard job but takes a long time to convine the nylon). This wire pulls the leather down;

- Seal the little pump´s motor to lower the noise (on both seats - seems like a common failure, it had a crack on the plastic);

- Seal a crack in the tubing to the lombar bags (lower bag on passenger, upper bag on driver´s - also seems like a common failure);

- Tighten some nuts/bolts, put others that were missing (no idea why);

- On both seats I´ve put my pyro belt holders as the ones on these seats had the connectors cut;

- The driver´s seat had a relay holder and the relay itself on the seat, which I did remove. Seems like the original seats have a live wire and they receive the ignition signal on this relay energize them... No use for me since the supply for the seats will be the console´s rear window controls which are already alive only after ignition. (Maybe I´ll add a temporized relay to the windows and that will also work for the seats...)

Unfortunately, being from a scrap yard the seats are missing some button caps and both seat´s outer plastic trims. I´ll quote them later but if anyone has them and wants to sell, please pm me.

I will be waiting until tomorrow for the silicone to cure so I can put some tape around and test it.

Hum, and I simply LOVED the seats... Thanks for everyone´s opinions!!
-----
Pedro Prado