Potential spammer thread.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Plumb bob
My Cars:

Potential spammer thread.

Post by Plumb bob »

Here's one..........incoming.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/p ... ile&u=6952

Might help admin find and ban them.
Last edited by Plumb bob on 14 Sep 2007, 23:18, edited 1 time in total.
Plumb bob
My Cars:

Post by Plumb bob »

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Rest assured that this forum is possibly one of the most well covered on the net as there is someone on here checking everything that goes on almost 24 hours a day.

All of these shown above (and plenty more) are attempts by spammers to get access but as is the policy here, none are activated nor are ever likely to be. Not only that, but if anyone ever finds one of their website links is "alive" just let me know and I'll kill it immediately.

For your knowledge, every membership registration is vetted before being activated and in cases where members have innocently left themselves exposed to having their e-mail addresses collected and used/abused by spammers, this is rectified prior to registration being activated, so feel safe that providing you don't advertise your address on a public forum, we make life extremely uncomfortable and a waste of time for spammers.
The result has been that whereas we used to get around 50 spammers a day trying to register, this is now down to around 2 or 3 who don't seem to want to admit they're fighting a losing battle or are so stupid they think one day they'll be admitted.
Anyone who even smells like a spammer is not activated, this includes anyone with inappropriate websites or false e-mail addresses.
At times, I occasionally and accidentally ban a genuine member due to an IP ban imposed on spammers and in that case, a PM advising of your IP# will see the matter rectified.

Alan S.

(Administrator)
RIP Sept 19th 2008.

She said "Put the cat out" She didn't mention it was on fire!!