New member, Berlingo van

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Plumb bob
My Cars:

New member, Berlingo van

Post by Plumb bob »

Hi all, just thought I'd say hi before posing my question.

I am looking at getting a new van, and have decided on the berlingo/partner ( had a C15D many years ago) but I know nothing about the new 1.6HDI engines that they are using now.

Can anyone tell me of any known issues wth this engine, approximate mpg, service intervals, and what the road tax will be. :?:

Thanks.

Robert.
Last edited by Plumb bob on 14 Sep 2007, 23:16, edited 1 time in total.
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Hi Robert,

Can't help with your question but welcome anyway. I'm sure someone will answer shortly

Gammy
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Hi, Robert. The 1.6HDI in the Berlingo is quoted as:
  • CO2 EMISSIONS: 143g/km
    Road Tax Band C, 121-150g/km, £115.00 pa, £63.25 6-months)
    Service Interval: 12,500 miles
    PERFORMANCE: [92bhp] 0-60mph 12.9s / Max Speed 99mph
    FUEL CONSUMPTION: [92bhp] (urban) 42.2 (extra urban) 60.1 (Combined) 52.3mpg
I run an old Berlingo Multispace, the MPV version of the van, and have been very pleased with it. In it's previous life it was a courier van (they ran Multispaces as 'cars' are half the price of light commercials on the Severn bridges). Looking to buy the new version soon as these are even better than the Mk1.

Unfortunately I can't find out too much on the engine (hinting at not too many problems yet) but I did find this:

"The Citroen Berlingo range now comes with a choice of even more advanced fuel efficient engines. Compared with the older version engines the 1.6HDi diesel engines provide the operational benefits of improved economy, greater power and up to 40 percent more torque. There's also lower engine operating speeds and the environmental benefits of Euro IV emission standards. The Euro IV powered diesel-engined Berlingos are also able to run on up to 30 percent bio-diesel without any modifications."
And I was interested in the bio-diesel quote - something to clarify with Citroen, I think.
Pug Rifter long (20) - 41mpg - Gutsy for a 1.5!
Xantia 1.9 TD Temp.2 Break (97) - 208K@42mpg - Resting again.
Berlingo Multispace 1.6 16v (51) - 184K@36mpg - My shed! Still runs 15° retarded...
Plumb bob
My Cars:

Post by Plumb bob »

Thanks for the info Dave, much appreciated, as you said the bio diesel angle sounds interesting, although I know the HDi's cant run on SVO, which is a real shame, as I run my hilux on that with no problems yet ( as do many others) but the fuel consumption makes me wanna jump up and down and shout hoorah, as my current van returns 25mpg which is one of the reasons I'm looking at getting rid of it.

I'll contacy citroen tech and see if they have any more info on the new engines.

Cheers,

Robert