LHM Reservoir to pump flow, maybe?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pprado
My Cars:

LHM Reservoir to pump flow, maybe?

Post by pprado »

Guys,

Since I bought the car (1997 VSX 2.0 16v HA), I always had that LHM over the reservoir. No matter how you clean, it comes back.

On a photo from a friend's car, I noticed his reservoir is flat at the top, while mine is a 'valley' like if the plastic got too hot and melt a little.

I was only a little worried about the effects of this (mainly wrong LHM level indication, but only by a few mms).

But now I am wondering if the distance from the suction tube to the bottom of the reservoir is small... if it is normally small, it just got smaller. That would make air leaks on the reservoir-to-pump tube get worse.

I am thinking in experimentally putting a spacer ring to make the centre of the reservoir go up a little and see if it changes anything.

Does anyone know the distance from the suction tube from the bottom of the reservoir?

[]s
-----
Pedro Prado
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

They always seem to leak a bit once the top seal has been disturbed to change the LHM. Having said that, it's very easy to overfill, and that does lead to a 'wet top'. Adjust the level so that it is near the bottom of the allowable range, and you may well find it will dry up.
Richard W
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

to check the float level, park the car on level ground raise it to its highest setting, wait for it to stop liftting, now make sure the yellow disc in the level indicator is between the two red bands, the yellow disc is the indicater not the lower copper one, as the lower disc is for conectting the contacts to put the low level warning lamp on
regards malcolm
pprado
My Cars:

Post by pprado »

Thanks for the replies... I'll start to fill up to the lower circle.

The copper disc tip is great... The previous owner did fill based on this one :-)

But I was really trying to know if someone knows the distance between the bottom of the reservoir, and the large suction tube for the pump (where the cone filter enters).

Does anyone?
-----
Pedro Prado
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

yes but if you get the level right if it was over full you should clear up the top of the tank becomming wet with fluid
regards malcolm