veggie question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jamieclayton9

veggie question

Post by jamieclayton9 »

I remember watching a episode of top gear maybe 4 years ago and i remember them having a old volvo estate on there which they filled up with veggie oil. The bloke that went on there and did it recomended putting in, if think, one part methelated spirit to 100 parts svo. Can anyone else remeber this. many thanks. jamie
1998 1.9td xsara exclusive
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

It depends on the engine you have in your car but that isn't a used method anymore. much easier and more legal to use either normal diesel or unleaded in say 3-5litres per tank(assuming a 65litre tank) as most diesels are even reccomended that in cold climates a certain amount of unleaded is added IIRC :)
Sturdybloke

Post by Sturdybloke »

Dont C&S throw a strop if you put Meths into the tank (or am I thinking of parafin?)

In thicker weather just up the Diesel to SVO/WVO ratio. Example in Summer - 100% SVO/WVO can be used. But in Winter reduce it down to say 80% Derv to 20% SVO/WVO, although you may need to play about with the ratio slightly. Plenty of info all over the forum about running on SVO/WVO (and it makes interesting reading :lol: )

All the best - Craig.

*BTW I dont remember the episode, but i've seen it on youtube IIRC :roll: :lol:
caeclyd2

Post by caeclyd2 »