Unable or just unwilling?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gammy leg
My Cars:

Unable or just unwilling?

Post by Gammy leg »

Chaps,

Lost the radio code on my original fit Philips Cass/Radio while on holiday. Phoned the supplying dealer in Southampton who said that they could no longer access the information on their computer as it had been updated / upgraded a couple of times since purchase date in May 2000. Said that for £17.50 + vat they could send-off to Citroen HQ for the code. Phoned a couple of local car audio shops who wanted about £25 to do the job. Not best pleased as the unit is probably worthless in real terms. Popped into my local Citroen dealer on the off chance that they could help. The chap took the registration and within less than a minute he was handing me the code written on his business card.
I am assuming that all citroen dealers have access to the same database so why was the original dealer unable to find it - or did he even bother looking?

Regards

Gammy
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

could just be that "stealership" have found a simple way of charging for what should be a free/peanuts service

once had a rangerover cd player fitted to my hgv but had no code (6yrs ago!) got hold of win and reg phoned dealers gave me code over phone

i used to think banks were a rip off :cry:

colin