C5 or the new C4 Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

victor xt
My Cars:

C5 or the new C4 Picasso

Post by victor xt »

Hi mates, i'd like to ask about this, my sister is getting a new car soon, the thing is she likes the japanese cars, specially because of been bulletproof but, european cars have i don't know, they are fun to drive, comfy, etc, i'd rather go with these instead the japs though. I reckon you think same as me 8) .

Now, the question are

- are these engines HDI 2.0 the new Euro 4 emission well known for having a good reliability? if so, what do you reckon

- is the automatic transmission reliable on these cars? i know they're kind of secuencial thing and automatic, but are they good?

- What vehicle do you think would be the best for a 4 people family? the new C4 Picasso is very nice, so the C5 but the C4 is kind of futuristic type and i'd like this a little bit more over the C5,.

- Is the new suspension of the C5 reliable , i know the C4 Picasso has this hidro suspension on the rear, so, what do you think again? not that complex the C4 then?

Thanks mates, any thoughts, info, comments would be welcome !!!! :D
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I thought the C4 Picasso's rear suspension was air rather than hydropneumatic?

Compressor, couple of airbags and a control system - just like the back of n articulated lorry trailer!
jeremy
ebod
My Cars:

Post by ebod »

purely for future residual values I'd go for the C4 as the C5 has been on the market since 2001.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I would go for the C5 estate unless you need the 2 extra kiddies seats in the C4. The C5 is almost a real Citroen.

Or a nearly new C6, should be some bargains around by now. :D
victor xt
My Cars:

Post by victor xt »

Thanks mates, the other day i noticed how low was the ground clearance of the New Picasso, have you noticed that either? because, here , they want to travel on dirt roads, and there are some bumps, not huge but some are, and that is a concern i have, or maybe, the Picasso has got the average ground clearance, i could not find that info on the internet, do you know of any info related to that?

Thanks again mates
AtitudeJim
My Cars:

Post by AtitudeJim »

i got a c5 2.0 hdi 110 estate lx pack...wich i got it 2 years ago from my company, and to be true to myself .. c5 is a great car. Only the problems that i had was the fuel sender unit had to be replaced and the switch that opens the window on the boot... Had a remap at 80000 last december has now 95000 miles, runs much better that before, took it for a dyno and showed 160fp of torque and 98bhp ... this was all values at the wheels... not flyweel... considering it running on 215/45r17's is pretty good values :D

I took it last year to portugal and poland on roadtrips... and would still do it no, probs...

only thing is that over 110..120's the temp raises a maybe to 95c...max 100....
It has loads of space ... specially when the back seats are pulled down, more than mondeo's... the new mazda 6´s... etc...

At the end.. Great cruiser...loads of space and confortable

and the now can be found at great prices... going private
(04) Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 110hp (uk)
(90) Pug 205 1.8D (uk)
(92) Vw Polo G40 (pt)