What size tap for flexible hose to caliper ZX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1

What size tap for flexible hose to caliper ZX

Post by Dave1 »

As per the title, could anyone confirm the tap needed for tapping the rear caliper of a zx where the flexible hose fits. The diameter of the threaded part appears to be 10mm and my thread guage suggests a 1mm thread. Of course I have 10x1.25 and 10x1.5 in my sets. Hence will need to buy a special tap so would like to be sure. If it is 10x1 then this appears to be a sparkplug tap on most sites, would it suffice. Any info appreaciated.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Have no idea on the ZX rear caliper, but on the BX front xcaliper (with the handbrake actuator rod sitting here), the hose port thread is a fine pitch. Never thoght about gauging it, but it most certainly looks like 10x1.0 -ish.

But to me it really sounds like you need a new (or s/h) caliper, as if the thread is messed up, it wont hold the torque needed on the hose screwing in.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Hi, you are probably right in that the caliper may be of no use. The caliper is 2nd hand but had a conversion piece fitted to take the pipe. The piece has broken off. I thought it may tap out to save the caliper but may prove harder anyway with the fine thread.