306 Sedan 1.6 won't start

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DavidT
My Cars:

306 Sedan 1.6 won't start

Post by DavidT »

Hi All,

My brother has a 306 1999 Sedan 1.6 that won't start. This car had been left up for a few weeks, but before that had no issues starting. First of all we though it was the ECU (Sagem SL-96). We brought it to the local Peugeot garage for diagnostics, they said the ECU was locked & they cud'nt get into it. So last night we swapped the ECU from the 306 to a Citroen Xsara which uses the same ecu....low & behold it started the Xsara no problem. Now it was time to see if the Xsara ECU would work in the 306....nope same problem as before. :? :? We're now a bit baffled as to what the problem is. It looks like there isn't a problem with the ECU but looks like its something in this area, what is causing it to be locked out when hooked up to the Pug diagnostic machine & most of all why won't it start. :( :?: :?:

Coil Pack has also been change just in case.

Anyone come across this before - any ideas - any other tests I can do?? Any advice much appreciated..

Regards
David
matt
My Cars:

Post by matt »

Have you done the basic checks first? Spark,fuel?
92 205 1.9 GTI(MODIFIED,SORRY )
1996 VOLVO 850 2.5 5CYL 10V
1999 EXPERT VAN TD - WHITE !
No more car's thanks!
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

Sounds like the keypad immobiliser could be playing up or similar.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Try check if the fuel pump runs !

If the fuel pump is not powered, then ignition and injector wont be either, because of the common ECU controlled power relay.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image