xsara 2001 hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

My Cars:

xsara 2001 hdi

Post by 1939 »

wonder if some one can help me as any one used millers gearbox oil inthere gear box could any one tell me the best oil for the gear box please would like to use millers if i can can any one tell me the brand of millers that i could use thanks for any one that can help me out
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi,

Assuming it has a BE3 variant gearbox, you have to be a little careful with oil choice. It should be a 75W/80 viscosity and no thicker, otherwise you'll find trouble engaging gears in the cold and you risk synchromesh damage. BE gearboxes are very fussy about oil.

The best oil to use is Total BV but the Comma 75W/80 expressly intended for Pug/Cit gearboxes is fine.

You may find the Millers TRX 75W/90 OK if you really want to use Millers oil. My friends over on the 205GTidrivers forum have used similar stuff with apparant good results.

Personally, I'd play safe and use only the Total BV oil or the Comma equivilent. The jury is still out over just how happy BE3 'boxes are with synthetic oil in them. The BE3 is a very old fashioned design of gearbox.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
My Cars:

xsara hdi gearbox

Post by 1939 »

thanks jim guess your right thanks mate for the
imfo