Dash Board clock bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantiaholic

Dash Board clock bulbs

Post by xantiaholic »

Hi, has any one changed the clock bulbs in a mk2 Xantia, is it a easy job?
looked forward to the reply, regards Mark
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Easier, I believe, than a MK1 as I understand you don't have to remove the steering wheel to get the steering column cowl off.

The dash should then come out in much the same way as a MK1. Luckily you have no speedo cable to worry about as I did in my very early MK1!

Change all the bulbs whilst you are there. If you don't you'll find others will fail very soon after and you'll be doing the job all over again :evil:

Don't buy the complete bulbs as they're dear. It is possible, although memory fails me this evening from where, to get just the glass wire ended bulbs that can be fitted to the original plastic holders.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Does anyone know if a MK2 cowl can be fitted to a MK1 steering column? (or would that be hoping for too much?)
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Don't know about mk1 and 2 cowl but changing the bulbs on an n reg is easy. Takes about half an hour max(not including waiting for the airbag to be safe).
Be careful of the clip at the top of the dials it likes it where it is. Is easy to take out nicely, I used a bike tyre lever, but most old xantias seem to have this snapped off. Don't just yank.
xantiaholic

Dash Board clock bulbs

Post by xantiaholic »

Thanks eyery one, will try later :)