Fitting a rear Activa Ram Bush?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Fitting a rear Activa Ram Bush?

Post by CitroJim »

I have new, genuine rear ram bushes now for my Activa. I tried fitting one yesterday :evil:

Has anyone fitted one in-situ? They are very tight and I failed completely trying to use a "G" Cramp and sockets :( I was worried about doing damage in the end.

I reckon I'll need to slip the whole ram off and pop it under my hydraulic press but I'm wary of disconnecting the hydraulic lines from it.

On the plus side, my home-made bush is wearing extremely well and continues to do the job well with no apparant wear at all in 3000 miles.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Hi Jim,
I did mine in situ using two sockets and a long bolt. It's a lot quicker than removing the ram as the hydralic pipes are difficult to get access to etc. Be careful with the small return hose pipe that you don't bend/break it off.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH