Clutch pedal.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

goldfinche
My Cars:

Clutch pedal.

Post by goldfinche »

Hi another question , 1997. 2-1 TD It has a new clutch (hydraulic) the problem is the height off the floor of the clutch pedal its a full 2" higher than the brake pedal. The clutch takes up at the top of the travel (it did with the old one as well.) it does not slip. The problem is that the pedal is so far off the floor that it is not easy to use ( disabled with restricted movement of ankle etc.)I cant see that there is any means of height adjustment. The pedal could be 1 1/2" lower and it would still free off the clutch without it dragging.
Thank you , any ideas please?
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 Turbo diesel automatic.BX.
1993 ZX td. slowly dieing.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

sorry but I think thats normal. My brake pedals quite a bit lower than my clutch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

The clutch pedal on my Activa sits as high as you describle Geoff. The 2.1TD and the Activa use exactly the same clutch so it must be normal. Certainly, there is no adjustment.

It is the same on my TD and Pug 205.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
goldfinche
My Cars:

Clutch pedal.

Post by goldfinche »

Hi all,thank you for the info ,damn, oh well I feel a mod may well be called for.
I will have a look and see whats what.
Cheers.
Geoff.
1991 Turbo diesel automatic.BX.
1993 ZX td. slowly dieing.