Engine mount?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

caveman_si
My Cars:

Engine mount?

Post by caveman_si »

Not quite familiar with the engine yet but looks like my top right hand side engine mount has gone?

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120 ... G_2023.jpg

As you can see in the top left of the picture the rubber mount isnt attached to the bolt/rubber bit running through it.

Anyone know is it as easy and straight forward to change as it looks?
Also any one know if the mount i need to replace ie the black thing from the vertical bolt to the transverse bolt can be bought on it own as it looks like it on top of another engine mount if that makes sense?

cheers simon
406 lx 1.9td estate
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

To me it looks like a complete mount replacement.

Yes - that would be one of the simpler jobs : support and take weight off the engine right under the mount. Then replace the mount.
On top of this Peugeot forum section there is a link to Peugeot parts service. Try it (you need to register - but no problem) - and you can present the spare parts number once you arrive at the parts counter :!:

Most parts store people find it very impressive that you already know their stock no. :D
(i.e. "are you a peugeot mechanic ?" )
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
caveman_si
My Cars:

Post by caveman_si »

Cheers Anders I hoped it would be that straight forward but the haines manual skips over it with a few lines and what they show in the pictures doesnt match mine. which I am finding is a very common occurance and since the last few "easy" jobs have gone tits up just wanted to check.

Cheers about the heads up about service box i might just do that, I've got a parts disk already but if service box is up todate that will be better then the sans dessign messages i occasionally get when looking for diagrams.

The current parts guy in my local dealers seems to be spot on, and has stopped being a bit bemused when I walk in with part numbers, hes happy anything that makes his day easier.
406 lx 1.9td estate
caveman_si
My Cars:

Gutted

Post by caveman_si »

My nice parts man has just phoned me with bad news. My mount isnt in stock in the country and has to come in from peugeot direct in france and wont be here until the middle of sept.

Looks like im going to be doing a lot of phoning about tomorrow on the off chance some one has one. Bloody cursed car.
406 lx 1.9td estate