C5 Climate Control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

agosling
My Cars:

C5 Climate Control

Post by agosling »

I have a problem with the air conditioning on my C5, the passenger side is blowing hot air regardless of the temperature setting, the drivers side works correctly. This is a real problem as I live in Queensland, Australia, and it gets very hot and humid in summer. Have been told it will cost me $1060 plus fitting for a heater evaporator assembly (6450 HS), to fix the problem but I am investigating further before I commit to that. Does anyone have any prior experience, information or suggestions regarding this problem?
Thanks
Alan Gosling
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I am not familiar with the C5 system but I would suspect that each side has a flap controled by a servo motor and that the passenger side is not working. On the XM the motor is under the glove box and is quite easy to change and not to expensive.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

if its the mixer flap motor im pretty sure both sides are identical so you would be able to swap them side to side & see if the problem moves to the other side. sounds like its more likely to be damaged gears though.
agosling
My Cars:

C5 Climate Control

Post by agosling »

Thanks for the assistance, I am sure now that it is the gear teeth that turn the flap that controls the distribution are stripped and the flap is stuck in the hot position. No doubt the parts cost far more here than in Europe.
Very grateful for the quick response.
Alan Gosling
agosling
My Cars:

C5 Climate Control

Post by agosling »

Final:
It was the flap control teeth that were stripped and that requires a heater evaporator assembly (6450 HS) to be fitted, hence the price.
Thanks again to all who responded.
Alan Gosling
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

A heater evaporator ? :?
It’s either a heater matrix ... radiator, or an air conditioning evaporator, separate from the flap motor, at least on the XM and Xantia.
It does work normally on the driver's side, so it's only an air flow problem, not an air conditioning fault.

Some context here, 4 pages:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=21859

Ian Reddiex of Euroserve, 36 Ross Street, Newstead, Tel 3852-1399 would be someone credible.

2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389