Peugot 306 1.9TD

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomthered
My Cars:

Peugot 306 1.9TD

Post by tomthered »

can anyone tell me if the alternators of these are the same as the petrol 1.4 and 1.6 models? cheers
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

no is the answer. There are two variations on the 1.9TD, neither are used on the petrol engines.

visit www.qha.com and select catalogues / rotating electrics to cross reference other vehicles against what you are looking for.
tomthered
My Cars:

Post by tomthered »

cheers for that, just bought one from scrappers for £20 but wrong one. Mine is a Bosch but could not find any 1.9td models on the QH site. I have the numbers off it but am stuck now! any help guys? Can anyone advise how you get the belt off the pulley? I Have undone the two bolts but am stuck now cannot figure out what to do to remove the belt and get the alternator out!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Tom -

1) you dont need a Bosch alternator - just because the one you have is a Bosch. Whats important is to get one that matches the mounting details on the engine block and the belt drive pulley.

2) the alternator will have a long pivoting through bolt at the base towards engine. This bolt must be unwinded from the alternator fixing lug one end. Then the bolt will move sidewards just enough to clear this treaded end of the alternator. At the head of this long bolt the alternator fixing lug is slotted to clear the bolt.
You then wriggle/lift out the alternator provided the upper - belt tensioner setting - bolt is removed, and belt is clear of the pulley.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
504GLD

Post by 504GLD »

you need to look by 1.9 in the drop down engine size and engine code XUD9TE