Xsara Aircon Condenser change.

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.
David W
Posts: 439
Joined: 30 Apr 2001, 17:49

Xsara Aircon Condenser change.

Unread post by David W »

Anyone ever changed the aircon condensor on a Xsara... ours is a 1998 1.9TD. Looks like either radiator out or bumper off??

David
2009 C5 HDi VTR+Nav Tourer
2006 C3 HDi Desire
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
Posts: 12576
Joined: 07 Aug 2002, 17:12
x 1486

Unread post by RichardW »

My mate did his 306 - radiator out. Be aware that if the condenser and pipes have already gone, then the pipes at the bulkhead TX valve fitting are probably next (and that is part of the evap I think - hence ££ and dash out!). 306/Xsara A/C seems to be a money pit once it starts to fail.... :(
Richard W
David W
Posts: 439
Joined: 30 Apr 2001, 17:49

Unread post by David W »

Richard,

Appreciate the warning. I'm actually prepared to spend more than some might as this car is in otherwise fantastic condition with investments already made in a new clutch, new radiator, 4 Hydragrips etc etc.

When we pressurised it today the only leak heard was at the nearside of the condenser but I will give all the pipes a good check again tomorrow before I decided to go ahead.

Unusually for me I'm getting a garage to do this job while we holiday in sunny (??) Scotland for 10 days from Friday so I don't want them to spend money to find that forces us to spend even more on top.

David
2009 C5 HDi VTR+Nav Tourer
2006 C3 HDi Desire
David W
Posts: 439
Joined: 30 Apr 2001, 17:49

Unread post by David W »

Feedback.

Garage did the job while we were on our hols. Thankfully the rest of the pipes were in good condition so just (?) a new condensor and re-gas.

They took the rad out for access. Charged 2.5hrs but it took longer.

Anyway nice to have it blowing cold.... especially as the sun has appeared!

Cheers,

David
2009 C5 HDi VTR+Nav Tourer
2006 C3 HDi Desire