Any C1 owners around ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Any C1 owners around ?

Post by AndersDK »

Its been quite a challenge lately to own a new C1 in DK.
Most C1 cars suffers badly from water ingress - from "somewhere".
The water always collects on the passenger side (RHS over here) footwell and sometimes the passenger seat also gets wet - but only occasionally.

These cars are not a/c equipped as thats not common in DK in this size/price car class anyway.

Strange thing is that the cars can be driven in tropic rain showers for hours - and not even a single drop of water gets in.
But leave it in your driveway or the parking lot overnight with showers - it will be wet, wet, wet inside.

Some of the Citroen dealers have tried replacing the door rubber seal on the offended side and this seems to help in some cases - but not all.

Wondering if this is an issue at all on RHD variant C1's in UK ?
And if so - whats the experiences with the problem ?

Thanks -
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

It is quite poor, Anders, that a new car leaks :evil:

I have no experience whatsoever of the C1 but the following may help.

I have spent much time getting my 205 dry and have gathered some expertise now :roll:

I too had the same thing, dry in any storm whilst driving but a night in the open and wet footwells.

In my case it came down to door membranes. Water running down the window, into the door, down the back of the door card and escaping into the interior rather than running harmlessly out of the drain holes.

Have the cards off and check the integrity of the plastic membrane between the card and the door.

A small watering can of the sort used for houseplants can be very useful to spot where leaks are coming in.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Thanks Jim -

I'll pass on your experiences. Never thought of the door innards drainways.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

will either be- deformed door seals, poorly sealed/butchered door membranes or door not tight against the seal.